Mike has almost 30 years of professional transport experience, about half of which has been in consultancy.
Much of Mike’s career has been in railroads, and he led policy and strategy for the UK’s railway stations as Network Rail’s Director of Stations & Customer Service. His consulting experience includes:
- high profile industry and strategic reviews (e.g. Williams Rail Review, Shaw Report, Mexican infrastructure development, Brazilian rail regulation)
- major programme assurance (HS2)
- supporting the design and execution of change in transport systems (UK Department for Transport, Great British Railway Transition Team and Network Rail)
- design and specification complex transactions in light-rail and rail (replacement to UK rail franchising system)
- bid leadership and evaluation for transport services (MTR Corporation)
- policy and strategy development for stations (social value of stations for the UK’s Rail Delivery Group, station management model advice to Network Rail).
As Managing Director of Transformation & Growth, Mike works across our global business to support leadership teams to pursue growth and transformation initiatives. On behalf of our global Executive team, Mike also sponsors our pan-company efforts on Research & Innovation and is accountable for our global Marketing team.